Disclaimer: This product is handmade. There maybe minor imperfections in print, shape, size, and colour which are inherent to the process and what makes it unique. Actual colors may vary slightly due to your screen's resolution.
- Cash on delivery available
- Standard delivery within 7-9 working days
- Free shipping on orders above INR 2999
- Eligible for exchange and return (T&Cs apply)
- All purchases of sale items are final
- For international shipping shop HERE
Mahtab, meaning moonlight in Persian, is our hand block print collection inspired by our travels to Turkey, its magnificent architecture from the era of the Ottoman Empire, stunning flora fauna, and more specifically by the Whirling Dervish. Sufi whirling is a form of meditation through which Dervishes aim to become one with their inner self. This calls for abandoning ego or personal desires, by listening to the music, focusing on God, and spinning in repetitive circles. Rumi, the 13th-century Sufi mystic believed in the power of dance and music as a means of liberation from worldly limitations. Dancers wearing long white gowns and high hats begin with slower turns. Gradually, the spinning becomes faster and dancers appear to move in a state of ecstatic trance. It must be a miracle that despite spinning for hours, Dervishes don't faint or lose balance. Their physical self is moving but the mind is focused. Mahtab takes a leaf of inspiration from this soul cleansing ritual.
- Wonderfully light, soft, and reversible
- Handquilted in 100% premium cotton
- Hand block printed with azo-free dyes
- Consists of 200 GSM cotton filling inside
- Perfect for light to moderate winters
- Features an original Pinklay design
- Designed and ethically handcrafted in India
- Size: Single (60X90 Inch) & Double (90X108 Inch)
This quilt is pre-washed and ready to use
We recommend dry cleaning. If you choose to home wash, please do so gently in cold water with mild detergent. Do not soak, rub, wring, spin, or tumble dry. Dry in shade on a flat surface. Whites should be washed separately. Use a warm iron.
Comes in a fabric care bag. When not in use, fold neatly and store the quilt in the care bag. We suggest airing the quilt first time before use.