Disclaimer: This product is handmade. There maybe minor imperfections in print, shape, size, and colour which are inherent to the process and what makes it unique. Actual colors may vary slightly due to your screen's resolution.
- Cash on delivery available
- Standard delivery within 7-9 working days
- Free shipping on orders above INR 1999
- Eligible for exchange and return (T&Cs apply)
- All purchases of sale items are final
Mahtab, meaning moonlight in Persian, is our hand block print collection inspired by our travels to Turkey - its magnificent architecture from the era of the Ottoman Empire, stunning flora fauna, pomegranate ~ the fruit of paradise as the Turkish call it, and more specifically the Whirling Dervish.
Sufi whirling is a form of meditation through which Dervishes aim to become one with their inner self. This calls for abandoning ego or personal desires, by listening to the music, focusing on God, and spinning in repetitive circles. Rumi, the 13th-century Sufi mystic believed in the power of dance and music as a means of liberation from worldly limitations.
Dancers wearing long white gowns and high hats begin with slower turns. Gradually, the spinning becomes faster and dancers appear to move in a state of ecstatic trance. It must be a miracle that despite spinning for hours, Dervishes don't faint or lose balance. Their physical self is moving but the mind is focused. Mahtab takes a leaf of inspiration from this soul cleansing ritual.
- Our signature indulgent hand block printed robe
- Handcrafted with waffle cotton
- Comes with an adjustable belt for easy fastening
- Uses azo-free dyes
- Features an original Pinklay design
- Use it as a changing gown, a robe or a loungewear
- Vacation wardrobe staple
- Designed and ethically handcrafted in India
- Size: S-M and free size
This robe is pre-washed and ready to use
Delicate cold water hand wash only
Dip in mild detergent and rinse
Squeeze gently to strain excess water
Dry straight on a hanger in shade
Use warm iron
Whites should be washed separately
Do not spin, tumble dry, bleach, soak, use hot water, or harsh detergents